ANSWER TWO DISCUSSION QUESTIONS COMPLETELY, ONE TO TWO PARAGRAPHS ONLY CITING SOURCES. NO PLAGIARISM.
Please include the following questions when responding:
- What incentives influence firms to use international strategies?
- What are the three basic benefits firms can gain by successfully implementing an international strategy? Why?
- Determine why, given the advantages of international diversification, some firms choose not to expand internationally. Provide specific examples to support your response.
- As firms attempt to internationalize, they may be tempted to locate their facilities where business regulation laws are lax. Discuss the advantages and potential risks of such an approach, using specific examples to support your response.
Chapter 9, “Technology,” in your textbook discusses how technological advancements and changes may affect how we can work to find solutions for the global threats discussed so far. Technological advances can and do affect development in positive and negative ways.
- Besides biotechnology, identify one technology that seems to have the greatest potential positive effect on food security. Discuss any potential negative uses of that technology. Do the benefits of these technologies outweigh the potential negative consequences they have on food security? Why or why not?